Thursday 12 April 2012

Press A to Start
















Hello,

I expect most people reading this will know me, but if not, Hi, I'm Phil.
I've been using the screen name bigphil2003 in various places for a long time now, even before 2003. Why 2003 then? I don't even really know now but it's not important. I'm taller than average, but by no means 'big' so none of it really makes sense so let's not get stuck on the details.
It might seem a bit self indulgent but I created this blog mostly for me, but it might interest other people too and if it does that's great. Everything I put here will just be my opinion so feel free to get involved with anything you agree with, or even better disagree with!

However long this venture into blogging manages to capture my attention I'll be making posts about games I'm currently playing, games I've recently completed, upcoming games that I'm looking forward to or games from days gone by that I just feel like talking about for some nostalgia induced reason. I'll probably cover some other topics like trends or standard features in gaming past, present or future. Basically I'm using this as a dumping ground for my thoughts, part of the reason behind the name "Scrap Brain Zone". The other part of the reason is that the Sonic the Hedgehog series on the Sega Mega Drive is one of my favourite game series ever and was a big part of my childhood.

I've always had a love for gaming ever since my cousin first passed on my first "console", a black box of some sort that came with two paddles attached by the same type of curly chord they use on telephones and about 20 black and white games, most of which were different variations of Pong. Ever since then I've always had some form of gaming machine and while I've certainly had some loyalty and personal preference to certain companies I've never been a 'fanboy'.

Currently I'm an owner of Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and a Nintendo 3DS. Of those three my Xbox definitely gets the most play but I'm a sucker for first party Nintendo games! You'll notice I don't have a PS3 so I'll not be covering an awful lot of Sony's exclusives but if you're a PS3 fan I'll still have plenty to interest you with multiplatform games. I'm not a Sony hater by any means and have been tempted a few times by the PS3, but I've a big enough play queue as it is. One thing I will say is that I hate the Playstation controllers, specifically the analogue sticks - seriously, what the hell is up with them?!

Anyway, I hope you'll find something of interest for you here, if so hit the comment button! If not, well, I'll enjoy it anyway. My first proper post (hopefully less wordy) will be coming soon and probably on either XBLA title Joe Danger or Sonic Generations (multiplat)


Phil


2 comments:

  1. As a fellow Sonic fan, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Generations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I'll have a review of Generations up this week as I've just recently completed it!

      Delete